F-Spot on Two Computers?

Hello,

Ican not locate any information if it is possible to share f-spot tags
between two computers with *non-identical* set of photos? What I am thinking
is having a directory structure on a desktop with all the photos, and a
laptop with a subset of the photos . Tagging can be done on either one but
not simultanenously. Then if photos are , say moved from laptop to the
desktop, the tags on the laptop migrate to the desktop.

Right now, this is how I handle my two computers. The photos I am working on
a are stored on my laptop and when I am done, they get moved to the desktop
because of storage issues.

Alternatively, is it possible to store the database on an external harddrive
?