Re: Importing IPTC tags

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 13:31 +0200, Frederic Peters wrote:
> Hi again Bengt,

Hi

> > I think my XMP import patch (which is based on Gabriels GThumb tags
> > import) could be a good start. But not sure F-Spot reads/finds the various
>
> I just applied your patch and some of the IPTC tags were imported
> (country and city).

Brilliant... And do try the latest patch I uploaded. It copes with a bit
more of the XMP tags. Perhaps you are lucky and more tags are
imported...

If you do a strings on one of your photo, and check for the xmp part you
will see what tags you have in XMP format. I did not expect to have any
tags at all in XMP form, but all in IPTC. But iViewMedia surprised me,
and stored everything as XMP as well. If you want, you can send me a
photo which have your tags in it, and I can have a look and see (if I
can get more xmp tags from it)

> I saw bug 345405 but it is not exactly the same thing.
It would enable re-creating the same tag structure on import though.

Nope, there is no plan to let F-Spot XMP import know which town are in
which country. Very easy to drag the tags around though :)

/Bengt