Re: Importing IPTC tags

Hi again Bengt,

> I think my XMP import patch (which is based on Gabriels GThumb tags
> import) could be a good start. But not sure F-Spot reads/finds the various

I just applied your patch and some of the IPTC tags were imported
(country and city).  I don't have XMP-tagged photos to test your patch
expected behaviour but this is what I got:

 - Last Import
   - City
     - Barcelona
     - Paris
     - Lyon
   - Country
     - Spain
     - France

Has it been considered to have knowledge of geograpic tags hierarchy,
so that it would automatically get create them as

  - Spain
    - Barcelona
  - France
    - Paris
    - Lyon

I saw bug 345405 but it is not exactly the same thing.

Actually I also have province/state tag, so my ideal reconstruction
would be
  - Spain
    - Catalonia
      - Barcelona

Anyway it was a quite good surprise to see those tags.

        Frederic