Re: Marking pictures for export

You don't need to use monodevelop.  Whenever trying to learn a new
language, I find it helpful to first learn with the base tools, e.g.
text editor ( more specifically THE text editor ) and the command
line.  Then once I know what I'm doing I use an IDE to speed it up.
It keeps the IDE from hiding to much of what is going on at first.
YMMV.