Re: export behaviour with new timeline stuff

On 12/29/05, barry <bazza bazza com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After recently moving to f-spot 0.1.5 and exporting an html gallery, I
> noticed that the gallery is doing the same thing as the main display,
> that is, showing the most recent first, which isn't really what you'd
> want on an html gallery, I've tried select from earliest to newest
> before exporting and the other way around, it makes no difference.
>
> Any hints, comments, etc?

The slideshow is also showing photos in the "reverse order" which is
quite fun but not exactly what people would expect - I think :-)

It looks to me like there are 2 categories of features when it comes
to ordering photos that should be handled independently:
- those where it could make sense for the user to choose (browser and timeline)
- those where people expect the photos to be in a certain order
(gallery and slideshow) and this might be in conflict with the
previous choice.

This is kind of related to the thread "view sorted chronologically,
ascending" - should we add all those comments together in bugzilla?

--
Cosme