Re: Marking pictures for export

Picasa has a neat feature to solve this an other issues. It has a "picture tray," in which you can store any number of items while you browse and open other items. At first, I didn't understand what it was for, but I found the interface wonderfully intuitive. For example, If I save several images to the tray, export them, and then select another image, it intelligently prompts me if I want to clear the items from the tray, which of course I do.

The basic idea behind the tray is this: the item or items currently selected in the main, thumbnail window are always in the tray, along with any items that you have previously told it to "hold" in the tray. You can clear the tray of items manually, or it will prompt you at usally the right times to clear it for you. Last night I spent about an hour sorting through someone else's collection of photos, selecting nearly two thousand photos to export in small batches. I found the tray a great time-saver and a wonderful feature. To understand exactly how it works, I suggest you find a Windows box and play around with it, especially with several, large album of photos. F-Spot needs something as good as this or better.