Re: Album Support

derek vandivere net wrote:
My impression of the requirement was actually more that one album would
correspond essentially to one f-spot.db - that is, one collection of
photos and tags. The example would be for when someone's got a collection
on a detachable hard drive or network drive or whatever.

That's why I'm suggesting we sort out our terminology... 'Album' *was* used that way in an earlier discussion, and that's led to a lot of confusion...

I think that the consensus is that either Library or Collection should be used to refer to completely separate sets of photos with their own f-spot.db, and that Album should refer to a sorted collection of photos.

At any rate, I don't know that I'd really use either feature, to be
honest. Does anyone personally have a need for it? Maybe calling it a
'slide show' would be more clear to people?

I use the Library/Collection feature a lot - I implemented the initial patch, because I needed this functionality.

If it was available, I'd love to be able to create a sorted album of photos. The one time I created a web gallery using f-spot, it really annoyed me that I couldn't manually order the photos the way I wanted. When I upload pics to flikr, I have to do them a few at a time to get them on flikr in the order I want.

Warren