Re: Album Support

Hi John,

All this makes sense to me. Having the album concept handled as a Tag
could be very useful for the Sally use case. Btw, most of us are already
doing this in one way or another... Personally, my 'album' concept is
hidden behind the 'Events' category.
Implementing it like you proposed add a way to have photos outside of
any album and having photos inside multiple albums at the same time
without duplicating them.

As you, I'm not at all in favor of showing Freddy's album concept in
front of Sally, but we can't ask Freddy to either a pro-photographer AND
a script kiddy. Freddy probably wants also all the beauty of nice Gnome
UI to select his albums. But we can keep that in the fridge for now. The
best solution for this could be implemented as a plugin (can be enabled
or disabled), and loads the plugins before the core, so the plugin can
display a dialog showing all Freddy's albums and a button to create a
new album. But as I already said, let's keep that in the fridge for now
(Maybe you'll have a plugin doing that with my next release of
plugins :) ).

One other thing about your screenshots, change the album entry in the
import dialog to a dropdown box (like for tags).

regards,

Stephane