Re: Ubuntu and F-Spot

On 8/28/06, Ben Monnahan <monnahan gmail com> wrote:
I don't import into Photos and I'm not entirely happy with how they are
displayed either because it's hard to tell where the photos in one folder
end and another begins.  I've thought of implementing some way to add
separators between folders (or dates in order by date).  At least for
folders it would be nice to include the folder name there.  Haven't gotten
around to it though.

In a previous discussion about grouping and stacking this patch came up:

http://www.mail-archive.com/f-spot-list gnome org/msg00749.html

That is kind of like what I'd like. Unfortunately we're in crunch time
at work right now so I really haven't had the energy to code as I've
gotten home from work.

I have looked at the code for IconView though. One possible problem is
that a real fix would probably need to redo the code for detecting
which image is clicked as well. So while making a very basic divider
could be "easy" making it work properly will be a bit of work.

/Marcus