Re: Patch Review please : 321770 - Import Roll History

Hi all,

Great to see some discussion going on.  I'm going to reply to
everybody in general and nobody in particular.

I think Marcus's idea of having the imports accesible by means of an
extra sort method in the time/directory widget makes perfect sense.
a. It has the advantage of blending very well with the current f-spot interface
b. it removes the need for an additional dialog to query the import history
c. you can easily browse to one of the imports and restrict the images
shown by adjusting the sliders.

A disadvantage could be that, after 600 imports, the number of
"stacks" in the widget becomes quite big; but i'm sure we can come up
with something.

So no matter how you implement the history tracking, i think the idea
of seeing it as a way or "ordering" the photos is worth considering.

Best Regards,
Thomas