Re: Importing XMP data with SemWeb

Hi,

> [...]
> I've only done a bit of reading on XMP so far

same here, so the following might not be that helpful ;)

> [...]  Is their a standard
> XMP namespace for storing this kind of information that we should use?

The XMP specifications available from:
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/xmp/sdk/index.html

list the dublin core element:

dc:subject

with the following description:
"An unordered array of descriptive phrases or keywords that
specify the topic of the content of the resource."

dublincore.org says the following to the use of dc:subject:

"Typically, a Subject will be expressed as keywords, key phrases or
classification codes that describe a topic of the resource. Recommended
best practice is to select a value from a controlled vocabulary or
formal classification scheme."

might be a good place to store tags.

cheers
	ARUN