Renaming files behind f-spot's back

Hi,

I am currently running f-spot 0.1.11 from Ubuntu Dapper.

Quite some time ago, I had imported some galleries and tagged
them. In the meantime, I renamed the files in those directories
behind f-spot's back (directory names are still the same I
think). Now, f-spot still shows me the thumbnails, but can't find
the file anymore when I want to view them in bigger size. I tried to
clean out the now-stale thumbnails with "Refresh Thumbnail", but
this didn't seem to have the desired effect.

Ideally, I would even keep my tags for those photos - could that
"find duplicates" feature I keep hearing about (but cannot find in
0.1.11) help with that? It's a bit of a special case since it
doesn't have to compare two files but a file with its thumbnail in
the database.

Finally, let me say that f-spot is really cool, especially in
conjunction with beagle. Great job, thanks.

Cheers,
  Colin