Re: Many TRs for F-Spot. Time to pause development?

On 9/29/05, Nat Friedman <nat novell com> wrote:
On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 02:33 -0500, Larry Ewing wrote:
> > 167776 - zooming out bring back to browser mode

I don't know if it's a strong argument, but this is what digital cameras
do in their view modes.

Nat

True, but who expects a photo management program to do the same. Instead, I'd expect that zooming out would do as it says, zoom out.. to 50%, 25%, or even smaller percentages of the real photo size.

Digital cameras use zooming out to go to browser/overview mode because of the limited modalities they have and thus cannot afford to assign extra buttons for such functionality. However, it's hardly related to each other. I think it'd confuse people rather than support their cognitive models.

Arjan