Re: Tag typing.

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 23:38 -0500, Nat Friedman wrote:
> For a while now I've wanted to tag my pictures without having to drag
> and drop little icons.  Today I started on a patch that allows you to
> tag pictures by typing tag names, like flickr.

I think this interface is great, but the one thing I worry about is that
by doing this, all other functions require at least a CTRL-something hot
key to be used.  For example, why should 'just typing' create a tag and
not a caption?

A better way might be to type 't' for a photo or group of photos to
bring up the tag entry bar.  Similarly, typing 'c' would bring up an
entry bar for captions.  You could then come up with other one-key
functions such as rotation, etc. and there's still room for future
expansion too.

Just a thought...

-David