Re: Tag typing.

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 11:57 -0500, David Moore wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 23:38 -0500, Nat Friedman wrote:
> > For a while now I've wanted to tag my pictures without having to drag
> > and drop little icons.  Today I started on a patch that allows you to
> > tag pictures by typing tag names, like flickr.
> >

> I think this interface is great, but the one thing I worry about is that
> by doing this, all other functions require at least a CTRL-something hot
> key to be used.  For example, why should 'just typing' create a tag and
> not a caption?
>
> A better way might be to type 't' for a photo or group of photos to
> bring up the tag entry bar.  Similarly, typing 'c' would bring up an
> entry bar for captions.  You could then come up with other one-key
> functions such as rotation, etc. and there's still room for future
> expansion too.

Tested this patch, Nat is my hero of the day now ;-), awesome, works
like a charm. On the completion, an evolution-to-bar alike drop-down
would be nice, but probably quite hard to implement.

Also like David's idea, would speed up image sorting even more. Highly
wanted too, I still have to tag + caption +1000 images :-(. Once
adjusted to hitting 't', it'd probably be just as fast, and you still
have the opportunity for other shortcuts.

Ruben

--
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv)
http://www.Lambda1.be/