Re: About db4o as a db backend

Il giorno mer, 22/06/2005 alle 16.51 +0200, Jakob Lenfers ha scritto:

> Sorry if I understand you wrong, but you want to move the images from
> the filesystem into an database?

No, you got me wrong :)
The pictures won't be touched at all, as they will remain in the
filesystem as they currently are. I propose the use of db4o to store all
the things that now are in sqlite: (if i'm not wrong) the thumbnails,
and the pictures' tags and added attributes and comments.
As I said, we could then store directly the ojbects in the database
instead of converting them in something suitable to be stored and we
could also remove the dependancy from an external library (sqlite in
this case) avoiding all the versioning problems.

Bye,
Alessandro
--
Gervystar - Alessandro Gervaso - gervystar gervystar net
Home page: http://www.gervystar.net/ - ICQ: 30482347