Re: Images are not correctly rotated

F-Spot displays each image with the proper orientation based on the exif
orientation tag and unfortunately the gthumb rotation code doesn't clear
the orientation tag when it does rotations.  What this means in your
case is that your camera stored the rotation information in the image,
gthumb ignored that data when it displayed the image so you manually
rotated the image.  Now when you load the image in f-spot it takes the
manually rotated image data and rotates it again so you end up with the
problem you are seeing.  You can manually clear the orientation tag
using several command line tools (jhead -norot for example).

Right now the free tools are slowly transitioning towards always using
the exif orientation but until they all have there will continue to be
issues like you are seeing.

--Larry