Re: sharing the database

On Må, 2005-12-19, 09:32, Gabriel Burt skrev:
> On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 02:10 +0200, Yo'av Moshe wrote:
>> The EXIF contains stuff that are part of the image - camera settings,
>> date, etc'. But the tags are much more "personal" than that. It's like
>> adding a "Rating" field to the ID3 of a music file - is it really its
>> place?
>

> It is important that our export options include the ability to strip
> this meta data if the user doesn't want it shared.  In normal usage, it
> seems to me that there are far more benefits from storing it in and
> reconstructing it from the file by default than not.

Just wanted to say.
Totally agree with Gabriel. Tags should be in the photo (who knows what
software can read a weird tag database in 10-20 years, standard tags in
the photo on the other hand), and all export features should have an
option to remove All, Some of the tags.

/Bengt
--
Bengt Thuree   bengt thuree com    www.thuree.com/bt