searching with tags and AND, not OR

I have a repository of photos with tags.  For example if I have a photo
that has both my son and my girlfriend in it, I put two tags n it: son
and girlfriend.

I noticed however if you specify multiple tags when searching you get an
OR evaluation of the tags.  Is there any way to switch that to AND, so
that I could use the tags son AND girlfriend to get photos with only
both of them in them?

b.

Brian J. Murrell