Re: Image rotation

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 14:23 +0200, Anders Bo Rasmussen wrote:
> I'm a new user to f-spot and first of all I would like to say that the
> f-spot-project look really promising with the current code-base and the
> activity on the mailing list.
>
> I have a problem with how the images are shown. My camera has an image
> orientation censor which places the orientation in the EXIF-data. Since
> most programs doesn't look at the EXIF-data, when showing a JPEG-image,
> I've made a script which checks the EXIF and call Image Magick's
> transform if necessary. Untill now this has worked without problems. But
> f-spot seems to rotate the image according to the EXIF-data? I would
> like to be able to switch that feature off. There also seems to be a bug
> in the feature. Sometimes the icon is not rotated when the images is,
> and sometimes it is.

Henri's reply has the correct way to fix this issue, you need to clear
the images orientation tag when you call transform.  I have no plans to
disable the F-Spot auto rotation, it is the right thing to do.  The
thumbnails is incorrectly rotated for you in some cases because your
conversion script probably doesn't rotate the thumbnail so the
orientation of the image and the orienation of the thumbnail differ.

> Another feature I would like, is the possibility of calling an
> external program and make a modified version of the image.

For now use File->Create new Version then edit that image outside of
f-spot.  This is definitely something that will become easier in the

> When will f-spot 0.0.14 be released?

RSN :)

--Larry