Re: [Evolution] Forwarding a mail to action fraud that is potentially fraudulent

On Thu, 2022-09-15 at 11:44 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

It's definitely not from Evolution. Evo never sends you messages on its
own. Furthermore, it doesn't have a "scam check" function. It does
enable external spam checkers such as SpamAssassin or Bogofilter, but
AFAIK neither of these sends auto-generated emails to the user.

Apologies for all as I never made it clear - or told you the version of Evo and the environment (which are
3.44.4 and
Fedora Core 36) - the send rejection is from the 'Outbox'. The EMail is never forwarded and the failure
message is just
that - ie a message within Evolution and is not an incoming EMail.
Anyway, the mail was forwarded ok from my phone as I received an EMail acknowledgement from Action Fraud.
While that
loophole works (as, as Milan said - if the message is from the ISP, then my mail client on my phone appears
to ignore
it), then I have a workaround. I'm not sure how Action Fraud expected this to work if forwarded mails are
rejected by
the ISP (which seems sensible to me) - I'll recheck with their web site.