Re: [Evolution] Forwarding a mail to action fraud that is potentially fraudulent

On Thu, 2022-09-15 at 06:59 +0100, Steve T via evolution-list wrote:
From time to time I get EMails that appear to be scams or phishing
mails. In the UK the police have set up 'Action
Fraud' - a group that looks into EMail/text scams. The problem I have
is that when I forward the dubious mail to action
fraud's Email address, the mail fails to send and gets an error
message telling me that it is potentially fraudulent!

Is that message from Evolution or from my mail provider, and if from
Evolution, can I disable the scam check for an
individual mail?

It's definitely not from Evolution. Evo never sends you messages on its
own. Furthermore, it doesn't have a "scam check" function. It does
enable external spam checkers such as SpamAssassin or Bogofilter, but
AFAIK neither of these sends auto-generated emails to the user.

poc