[Evolution] unread messages

I'm using evolution version 3.42.4 which is the version supplied by openSUSE Leap 15.4

I have several email addresses and have created several folders that show in the Saved Messages panel.  There are quite a few message filters that sort my messages into the various folders.  All is working well with one exception:  New messages received for one of the folders show the bold folder name as expected but I cannot access these messages unless I go to Folder-> Mark All Messages as Read.  I can then access the new messages normally except they are, of course, shown as having been read.  This happens on only one particular folder and everything else is working just as it should.

This problem showed up one day, just all of a sudden.  I don't remember making any changes or seeing any warnings.  It happened while I was running Leap 15.3 (I don't remember the version of Evolution.)  I didn't bother with it as I knew the upgrade of Leap would be released shortly.  Obviously, the upgrade didn't fix it.  I'm guessing there is a problem in the database file used by Evolution.  Is there a "repair" command I can run to fix this?

Bart