Re: [Evolution] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

On Wed, 2022-10-26 at 12:29 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Wed, 2022-10-26 at 11:13 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
My personal opinion is that the Freedesktop site looks more
promising, purely in terms of the number of lists they host

        Hi,
I kinda like it too. Who's gonna ask there for the conditions of
adding a new mailing list there, please? As you said, it would be a
pita to have multiple people asking the same question(s) for the same
list there. I'm sure I do not want to maintain the list, I do not
want to be an admin of it, but I can help to gather the information.

By the way, the page to create a list is accessible. Whether it lets
me create a new list without asking the freedesktop.org folks I do
not know, I wasn't brave enough to try to create the list, though I'd
rather not create the list behind their back. I do not know how these
things work.

I guess it would make sense for one of the moderators to do it, unless
someone has a better idea. Note that none of us is strictly an "admin",
we just moderate posts when required and have some control over user
access and other aspects of Mailman configuration. I'll consult with
the other two guys to see what they think.

Partly related, would the new list be named "evolution-users" or
"evolution-list"? The "evolution-hackers" is going to be shut down,
there's not much to be written there these days.
I think "evolution-users" (as suggested by someone else here) is
good, it may even help to distinguish it from a Darwinism mailing
list ;)

I'd say "evolution-users" would make sense, on the assumption that we
don't expect the archives to be merged.

poc