Re: [Evolution] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

On Thu, 2022-10-20 at 13:09 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
After the deadline of the end of October Mailman archives will remain
alive in read only mode for posterity. If the mailing list was used
behind an alias, please let me know so we can re-do the same setup
but on Discourse instead.

Thanks,

P.S All the l10n lists are still pending code changes in damned-lies,
the deadline to decommission those lists may slip by a week or two
depending how soon those changes will be made available in DL
codebase

        Hi,
I just asked Andrea to keep the evolution-list running a bit longer.
It's currently postponed to the mid of the November. It gives roughly
two more weeks to decide where to go, if anywhere.

My personal opinion is to use a free mailing list service. Expecting
there will be people not moving to the new location, thus the location
will not turn from free to a paid service is not ideal. It's better to
stay on the safe side, to avoid another move elsewhere in the near or
far future.

I suggested the two places where other similar/related projects to the
Evolution already have their mailing lists. It might make sense to be
nearby to them, from my point of view. Neither of those projects are
developed under the GNOME umbrella, though.

I do not know what conditions the freedesktop.org [1] or the
infradead.org [2] have to accept a new mailing list. It's to be
discovered by the list admins, if they/you/we agree on any of these
services. Or other services. When it comes to it, the old good
SourceForge supports mailing lists as well.

I do not mind that much, as long as no money is involved. I do not
think it would be fair to ask any money from the volunteers. Invest
your wisdom, rather than bugs.

Anyway, my personal opinion.
        Bye,
        Milan