Re: [Evolution] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

On Tue, 2022-10-25 at 22:23 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Can you ask them? Probably better not to have several people asking
the same questions.

        Hi,
I can ask David, the infradead.org person, though I thought I'll keep
the real paper work to somebody more knowledgeable than me.

We'd also need to know if they support migrating the
current list membership.

I won't do that. Let the people decide which sites hold their mail
addresses. Some may not like being moved to a different site without
their explicit agreement. People should also choose their mailing list
password on their own.

I think it would help if they could also host the archive, simply to
avoid having it split between two sites, before and after the change.

While it makes perfect sense for archive searching, I won't do that
too. When you open https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/ and
go to the bottom, then the Download section shows sizes for respective
months since year 2000. Those are gzip compressed .mbox files. For
example September 2022 shows 511KB compressed and when I decompress it,
it's 947K. I did not count all the years, but I'd rather not use so
much space on the new site immediately after moving there. That won't
be good.

        Bye,
        Milan