Re: [Evolution] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

On Fri, 2022-10-21 at 11:13 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2022-10-21 at 09:50 +0000, Sorin Srbu via evolution-list wrote:
Ah, seems like Discourse closes topics after fourteen days with no
traffic.
Might this be a problem when revisiting the same topic but later?
One can create a new topic of course, and refer to the old one, but
this
seems to be one hoop to many to jump through.

FWIW, I prefer a regular mailing list like this. I can save topics I
have a
personal interest in and go also go back with a reply or request more
info
later on.

A good point. I've had a little experience with the Rclone topic on
Discourse and must say I dislike it intensely, though haven't attempted
to use the email interface. However it does have a 14-day timeout,
which I think is entirely unsuitable for a list such as this one.

I went to Discourse and enabled the category thing per Andrés summary mail
earlier. I'm willing to give it a go for now, despite some initially not to
promising gotcha's.

I also enabled the mailing list mode ("for the hardcore" users) in the
preferences.
Now I'm waiting for some new topics to emerge and see if they end up in my
mailer or not.

--
Sorin Srbu, Serverdrift
Tele: 08-524 84166

# They say you can't buy happiness, but you can buy a
# motorcycle, and that's pretty damn close!