Re: [Evolution] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

On Thu, 2022-10-20 at 13:09 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
Du får inte e-post ofta från av gnome org. Se varför det här är viktigt.
Hi,

As we have been communicating during the past few months GNOME's Mailman
platform is being decommissioned (python2 deprecation, major burden in
managing lists spam). The deadline is currently set to the end of October
2022. Mailing list subscribers are invited to migrate to GNOME's Discourse
instance [1]. Neil made sure [2] to create a set of tags you can re-use to
initiate a new topic in the new platform, if a tag is missing please reach
out to me directly.

Jehan (from the GIMP Team) kindly provided some instructions you can
follow [3] in order to safely migrate your reading workflow to Discourse.
The new platform supports several login methods including your GNOME
Account and other major OpenID providers.

After the deadline of the end of October Mailman archives will remain
alive in read only mode for posterity. If the mailing list was used behind
an alias, please let me know so we can re-do the same setup but on
Discourse instead.

Thanks,

P.S All the l10n lists are still pending code changes in damned-lies, the
deadline to decommission those lists may slip by a week or two depending
how soon those changes will be made available in DL codebase

[1] https://discourse.gnome.org
[2]
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2022-September/msg00018
.html
[3]
https://discourse.gnome.org/t/welcome-to-gimp-forum-on-gnome-discourse/115
34/5

Ah, seems like Discourse closes topics after fourteen days with no traffic.
Might this be a problem when revisiting the same topic but later?
One can create a new topic of course, and refer to the old one, but this
seems to be one hoop to many to jump through.

FWIW, I prefer a regular mailing list like this. I can save topics I have a
personal interest in and go also go back with a reply or request more info
later on.

--
Sorin Srbu, Serverdrift
Tele: 08-524 84166

# They say you can't buy happiness, but you can buy a
# motorcycle, and that's pretty damn close!