[Evolution] Trouble with LDAP

Hello folks!

Our company uses Windows-AD-based LDAP and I want to use it to auto-
complete contacts.

I am pretty sure my settings are correct (-> tested using Apache LDAP
explorer), I entered a working BaseDN + LDAP Search filter but no
contacts are shown. When I hit the "Refresh button" a spinner appears,
but the view stays empty.

Autocompletion also doesn't work: I enabled "Autocomplete with this
address book" in the address book's properties and I checked the
address book in the Autocompletion panel in "Preferences".

Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong or how I could debug
this?

Thanks + cheers,
Peter