Re: [Evolution] Crashing Evolution 3.46.0 ?

On Fri, 2022-10-07 at 15:41 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
Is the 0xaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa some kind of overwritten memory due to
being freed, or something?

        Hi,
yes, it can be, but I'm not sure (I've no idea whether there are any
functions enabled in Flatpak to overwrite pointer addresses after
free).

(gdb) bt full
#0  0x00007f8002abc8fb in g_mutex_lock
(mutex=mutex@entry=0xaaaaaaaaaaaaaab2) at ../glib/gthread-
posix.c:1529
        gaicae_oldval = 0
#1  0x00007f7ffc8977d1 in soup_connection_manager_cleanup
(manager=0xaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, cleanup_idle=cleanup_idle@entry=0) at
../libsoup/soup-connection-manager.c:516
        conns = <optimized out>
#2  0x00007f7ffc8a8b45 in async_run_queue
(session=session@entry=0x55e754ed96c0) at ../libsoup/soup-
session.c:1821
        priv = 0x55e754ed9620
        items = 0x0
        i = <optimized out>
#3  0x00007f7ffc8a8c35 in queue_dispatch (source=<optimized out>,
callback=<optimized out>, user_data=<optimized out>) at
../libsoup/soup-session.c:184
        session = 0x55e754ed96c0

The backtrace shows a problem in libsoup3, possibly calling
(asynchronously) soup_connection_manager_cleanup() on an object, which
had been already freed. It looks like that from the backtrace at least,
I do not know libsoup internals that well.

I would file this as an issue into their bug tracker:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libsoup/-/issues

Evolution itself doesn't do many libsoup calls on its own, only a few.
Do you have enabled sender's photos, or RSS, or remote content loading,
or... I do not know off head what all can call libsoup in the evolution
process while viewing messages, I'm sorry.

        Bye,
        Milan