Re: [Evolution] Support for Oauth2 and Office365

On 11/18/22 18:53, Michael Kenny via evolution-list wrote:
I believe You have to use Exchange Web Services, not IMAP and the
server address is https://outlook.office365.com/ews/exchange.asmx

Once that authenticates click check for Supported Types and it will
pull Outh2.  You should get a pop up somewhere it that process to enter
your Office 365 info.

I'll be a little bit traitorist ....

when Evolution fails, I fall back to Thunderbird, which works just
fine with Office365 using IMAP and Oauth2

-----Original Message-----
From: Anonymous Japhering via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Support for Oauth2 and Office365
Date: 11/18/2022 11:17:37 AM

On 11/18/22 10:30, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Fri, 2022-11-18 at 10:19 -0600, Anonymous Japhering via evolution-
list wrote:
Evolution 3.46.1 (by Flathub.org)

The aforementioned version doesn't support Oauth2 for connections
Microsoft's Office365.

As MS has cut off use of plain passwords, and none of the other
methods
offered by
Evolution are supported by MS Office365 servers, I'm wondering when
Oauth2 might become
available for this use case in Evolution.

I'm using OAuth2 with O365 on Evolution 3.44.x - it's been available
for a long time.  Are you saying it doesn't work with the Flatpack
version, or that it doesn't work with 3.46.x at all?
With  the 3.46.1 version available in Flatpak, Oauth2 is not an
available option to select.

Clicking the button to query the support types removes all the
options other than "Password"