[Evolution] After an update Evolution's user interface is entirely broken

Hi,

today Evolution on Arch Linux was upgraded from 3.44.4 to 3.46.1, due to
a dependency hell a downgrade became more or less impossible to
maintain. I have given up downgrading Evolution.

I've attached screenshots showing the new confusingly arranged ambiguous
symbols. Now evolution only works for me with searches and tooltip
descriptions. Why was the intuitive, self-explanatory interface that
allowed you to get things done in a split second replaced with a hidden
object game that now takes me minutes to do something that previously
took me seconds to do?

Evolution is rendered useless for my needs. I don't have the time to
play hidden object games. Are there any plans to fix this mess or do I
need to migrate to another MUA?

Also, you have to jog your mouse cursor from corner to corner to do
things that were previously side by side, and the design just wastes the
space of the screen. The colors of the theme were applied unbearably
too. I designed the theme in such a way that I see these really blue
tones instead of these more turquoise tones, because I'm very sensitive
to things like that.

What's the plan behind this?

I noticed something similar for another app I used a lot. The app's name
is "Meld". It is an irony of fate that mc's mailing list was also on a
GNOME Foundation server, so I took another look at mc and found that
fortunately mc offers a replacement for Melt. By the way, the mc mailing
list was migrated to an OSU OSL server. The subscribers of the old
mailing list had nothing to do, to use the new mailing list.

Regards,
Ralf