Re: [Evolution] Slow display of graphics intensive email

Thank you, Milan.  Is WebKitGTK WebDriver support supposed to be installed with evolution?  I installed it on one PC, rebooted, and everything still works. I don't have the tools to determine if it helped with getting faster display of graphics-intensive messages, but it didn't hurt.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Milan Crha via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Slow display of graphics intensive email
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 07:34:55 +0200

On Thu, 2022-05-19 at 13:20 -0400, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
getting some types of email containing extensive graphics (e.g.,
embedded images) to open sometimes take more than a few seconds,
sometimes more than a minute.

        Hi,
it can be slow due to the image download (in case the images are not
fully/really embedded and you've enabled download of the remote
content), or, if you've enabled contact photos, then the photo lookup
can take its time too. There can be more issues, mostly related to the
network traffic. You should see the message content, but possibly not
fancy rendered, instead of the "Receiving message XXX" text.

Being everything locally downloaded, then I'd guess it's something with
the WebKitGTK, because that is drawing the message content.
        Bye,
        Milan