[Evolution] queries about opening attachments: portal window behavior and mime type association

Hi,

Using "3.44.1 (by Flathub.org))".

When opening an attachment with "Open in default application" the
Portal is opened behind the evolution window and I don't see a way to
set the default application (which seems to be unset).

 * Is the window opening behaviour expected/should I open a bug for it?
 * Is there an intended way of adding mine type associations other than
   copying them to ~/.var/app/org.gnome.Evolution/config/mimeapps.list
   from ~/.config/mimeapps.list.

thanks
Dan