[Evolution] New Emails not showing

Hi,

I have a desktop with Mint Cinnamon 20.3 and Evolution 3.36.5 (the most up to date in mint repo)
I also have a laptop with Manjaro Cinnamon 21.2.6 and Evolution 3.42.4 (3.44.1 is available but not yet updated)

For every day use I normally use the desktop and only occasionally use the laptop. I use 'POP' email accounts and try to keep both computers emails up to date. But sometimes, when I did not use the laptop for a while,  I use Evolution's "Backup - Restore" function to make a backup of the desktop and restore on the laptop - that usually works without a problem.

Recently I went on the road for 3 months with my laptop. During that time I checked and downloaded emails on the laptop only. When I returned home I did a 'Backup' of the laptop and a 'Restore' on the desktop. I didn't get any errors so assumed all is fine, but I soon find out it is not!

When I download emails, Evolution tells me x number of emails downloaded but I can't see any? A google search lead me to Evolution help page 'I cannot see some emails where are they?' where one point did help (but did not solve the problem) I had to tick 'View - Show deleted messages and Show junk messages (I have to tick both, ticking one or the other does not change anything). If I delete an email it gets crossed out but remains in the inbox folder, same with junk emails. This is not the way I like it to work. When I delete an email I want it to go into the 'Trash' folder and If I tick an email as 'junk' I expect it to go into the 'Junk' folder. I then 'delete' the content of the 'Junk' folder and 'Empty the trash can'

But there are more problems - when I try to use 'Expunge' I get the following error "Failed to expunge folder "On This Computer: Inbox" Table inbox has 30 columns but only 28 values where supplied"
I think those errors/problems are because I restored from a newer version (3.42.4) to an older version (3.36.5)? It works fine the other way (from old to new).
If there is no easy solution, I have a full backup image (Rescuezilla) of the desktop from 3 months ago (before I when on the road) that I can restore. Assuming that works, I then have to use 'Save as mbox' and 'Import' to bring my emails up to date. I tried that before but ended up with lots of doubles!?

Thanks for your help and suggestions