Re: [Evolution] checking local mail causes high CPU usage?

Hi Pete.
No that is not correct. I have 8GB of Memory and 16GB of swap.

Well that's odd because your list says:

  Memory: 2226MiB / 6972MiB

What does 'free' say? or 'dmesg | grep Memory:' or 'cat /proc/meminfo'

And the upgrade didn't help much. It still causes High CPU usage and
was acting weird this morning. (there's screenshots in a different
email that is waiting for  approval).
After about 4 hours CPU usage is back to normal, but my filters quit
working.

That really sounds like there's a very big email stuck in the system.
Try turning off the filtering temporarily.

P.