Re: [Evolution] preformatted initial mode in plain text replies

> I do not see a message asking me to confirm losing the formatting.
> The composer window immediately starts in Plain Text mode.  Maybe at
> some point I clicked "Do not show this again"?

On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 9:41 AM Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk> wrote:
Edit -> Preferences -> Composer Preferences -> Confirmations
to reset it.

Thanks for the suggestion!  However, I do have "Before composer format changes from HTML to Plain Text" checked.

I think the issue is that in the Mail Preferences I have HTML Mode set to "Show plain text if present", and I have "Show suppressed HTML parts as attachments".  When I click on an HTML message (either HTML-only, or containing HTML and then hitting "Display HTML version") and then reply, it seems that the message included in the reply is the original message's text part, or an HTML-converted-to-text part.  In any case, there's no formatting to lose, so it makes sense that no confirmation is shown.  When I change the HTML Mode to "Show HTML if present" and reply, it does ask me for confirmation to lose the formatting.

Perhaps the conversion of HTML to text is introducing the two blank lines in Normal mode at the top?  However, this is also occurring when replying to plain text messages, too.

Thanks for your help!
Stephen