Re: [Evolution] preformatted initial mode in plain text replies

On Thu, 2022-01-20 at 11:47 -0700, Stephen Hartke via evolution-list
wrote:
However, I am still having this issue (I've been using Evolution for
about 20 months, and I have always had this issue).  Are there other
settings that I need to change?

        Hi,
I tried it here and it works for me. I only set the
'composer-plain-text-starts-preformatted' to 'true' and when I reply to
your message (which is in HTML) and confirm to lose the formatting,
then my cursor is placed below the quoted part (I have it setup as
such) and the paragraph mode is set to Preformatted.

When I left the reply format in HTML (I answer to not lose the
formatting), then the paragraph format is Normal.

I'd say it's as expected, only the Plain Text mode should change the
paragraph format.

My settings in the Edit->Preferences->Composer Preferences are:

   Reply style: [ Quoted ]
   [x] Start typing at the bottom
   [x] Wrap quoted text in replies

Everything else in the 'Replies and Forwards' section is unchecked.

        Bye,
        Milan