[Evolution] [SOLVED] Re: How to view "replied" flag

On Fri, 2022-01-14 at 19:08 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Fri, 2022-01-14 at 12:06 -0500, William Oliver wrote:
I just bought a new laptop and installed Ubuntu.  My new evolution
installation sets up  fine, except for two things:

Please remember to tell us what version of Evolution you are using.
The
distro means nothing to most people.

It's 3.40.4-1

1) In my previous installation, when I replied to an email, a flag
would come up and let me know.  I don't see that here.  I tried to
add
a column but "replied"is not a column option that comes up.  A
quick
internet search does not show a solution.  How do I turn that on?

There's no replied flag as such (and I can't remember there ever
being
one). The indication of a replied to message is a change of icon in
the
status column

See below.

2) In the search bar, I have to erase the search term to clear it.
In
my previous installation, there was a little widget on the far
right of
the search bar that would clear on a click.  It's not the end of
the
world to have to delete the search term, but the little widget was
convenient.  How do I turn that on again?

That should still be there.

It may be that your desktop icon theme is missing some icons that
Evolution needs. The default Gnome theme is Adwaita, see if things
re-
appear if you can use that (at least temporarily).

P.

Bingo! Thanks a lot. I changed icon themes, and sure enough, both the
little erasure widget *and* "status" in the "add column" pop up
appeared.

Thanks for that.

billo