[Evolution] How to view "replied" flag

I just bought a new laptop and installed Ubuntu.  My new evolution
installation sets up  fine, except for two things:

1) In my previous installation, when I replied to an email, a flag
would come up and let me know.  I don't see that here.  I tried to add
a column but "replied"is not a column option that comes up.  A quick
internet search does not show a solution.  How do I turn that on?

2) In the search bar, I have to erase the search term to clear it.  In
my previous installation, there was a little widget on the far right of
the search bar that would clear on a click.  It's not the end of the
world to have to delete the search term, but the little widget was
convenient.  How do I turn that on again?

Thanks for pointers!

billo