Re: [Evolution] Local Linux mail

Hello Angel,

Thank you. That was the issue. I deleted flatpak version of Evolution, and flatpak itself. Installed native debian version of Evolution (3.30.5-1.1) and local Linux mail works just fine.

Best regards

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 10:19 AM Ángel <angel 16bits net> wrote:
On 2022-01-13 at 08:22 -0800, jg60 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Getting error when adding local Linux mail, with Local Delivery File
> of "/var/spool/mail/jpg", account to evolution.
>
> Evolution version: 3.30.5-1+deb10u1
> Flatpak version: 1.2.5-0+deb10u4

(...)

> Anyway, hitting brick wall in trying to diagnose what is stopping
> Local Linux mail from being accessed/controlled by Evolution.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Best regards.

Hello jpg

Flatpack runs under its own view of the filesystem, so it probably has
no access to the "outside" /var/spool/mail/jpg
I suspect this is the root of the issue. Similarly for being unable to
run your sendmail binary provided by postfix.
evolution running natively would probably work without these issues. It
may be possible to mount that location into the flatpack, but it's not
something I have investigated.

Best regards