[Evolution] Local Linux mail

Hello,

Getting error when adding local Linux mail, with Local Delivery File of "/var/spool/mail/jpg", account to evolution.

Evolution version: 3.30.5-1+deb10u1
Flatpak version: 1.2.5-0+deb10u4

After adding local Linux email account, it does NOT show up in the accounts panel.
Also the evolution GUI has error of "Could not open mail file /run/user/1000/doc/8cff39fa/jpg"

Thought I would just add +r attribute to the tmpfs file, but chmod fails with:
$ chmod +r /run/user/1000/doc/8cff39fa/jpg
chmod: changing permissions of '/run/user/1000/doc/8cff39fa/jpg': Function not i

implemented

In looking for answers to this error, it appeared maybe an attribute was set on the file, so I tried listing them but that failed too:
$ lsattr /run/user/1000/doc/8cff39fa/jpg
lsattr: Function not implemented While reading flags on /run/user/1000/doc/8cff3
9fa/jpg

Digging into the lsattr error suggested this was due to automount, or that the file is a symlink.
Confirmed that /run/user/1000/doc/8cff39fa/jpg is NOT a symlink, or any of the upstream path elements either.
Unfortunately I am not well acquainted with the nuances of "/run" tmpfs, so unsure if the automount suggestion is the issue.

However, still puzzled as to why evolution is using the "/run/user/1000/doc/8cff39fa/jpg" path instead of "/var/spool/mail/jpg" which I entered into the account as the local delivery file.

The two files "/var/spool/mail/jpg" and "/run/user/1000/doc/8cff39fa/jpg" are the same size and binary equivalent, i.e.:
$ ll /run/user/1000/doc/8cff39fa/jpg /var/spool/mail/jpg
-rw-rw---- 1 jpg mail 10467017 Jan 13 07:41 /run/user/1000/doc/8cff39fa/jpg
-rw-rw---- 1 jpg mail 10467017 Jan 13 07:41 /var/spool/mail/jpg
$ cmp /run/user/1000/doc/8cff39fa/jpg /var/spool/mail/jpg
$

Executing start up of Evolution from command line with:
$ flatpak run org.gnome.Evolution

Echos out an Warning after a few seconds to the terminal of:

evolution.bin:27): e-mail-engine-WARNING **: 08:03:58.156: Failed to add servic
e 'Sendmail' (sendmail): No provider available for protocol “sendmail”

I use postfix as my MTA. So this warning is probably a red herring to the initial error, but unsure.

Anyway, hitting brick wall in trying to diagnose what is stopping Local Linux mail from being accessed/controlled by Evolution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards.