[Evolution] Error message - What does it mean? How to track down cause?

Gmail IMAP account that was working yesterday suddenly stopped working this morning.

Error message is "Failed to connect account “[account name]”: The reported error was “Failed to authenticate: The name :1.22 was not provided by any .service files”."

I haven't been able to find a reference to this error message anywhere. Nor have I found a general reference to Evolution error messages.

Does anyone know what this error message means? More generally, is there an error message reference somewhere? Or an accepted process for determining what an error message means?

Thank you.