Re: [Evolution] How to restore Evolution backup into flatpak environment?

On Sun, 2022-02-20 at 19:18 +0100, Matthias Kuntze wrote:
Trying to restore a previously saved backup from the apt (deb)
environment into the flatpak environment failed in feezing the
complete pc. I had to power off the machine to get back control.

        Hi,
do you know what happened, please? It feels unlikely that a tarball
decompression causes whole machine freeze. There are done slightly more
things, like restore of the GSettings/DConf settings, but that changed
in 3.42.x, because the Flatpak does not contain related DConf tools.

As the file format has changed from e.g. ~/.local/share/evolution to
the ~/.var/app/org.gnome.Evolution environment I see no easy way to
restore the old backup.

Those paths do not matter at all. The application relies on the XDG
paths. What precise place on the disk it is does not matter to the
application (neither it knows the exact path is ~/.var/ under Flatpak,
because the Flatpak application doesn't have access to the whole home).

        Bye,
        Milan