[Evolution] How to restore Evolution backup into flatpak environment?

I'm using evolution 3.40.0-1 (ubuntu 5.11.0-37-generic) and evolution
3.36.5-0ubuntu1 (5.4.0-88-generic) installed with apt (deb).
There has been no problems with a backup on 3.36.5 and restore on
3.40.0-1.

In order to have the latest evolution version, I installed 3.42.4 from
flathub.org. This installation stores data in the $HOME/.var path.
Trying to restore a previously saved backup from the apt (deb)
environment into the flatpak environment failed in feezing the complete
pc. I had to power off the machine to get back control.

As the file format has changed from e.g. ~/.local/share/evolution to
the ~/.var/app/org.gnome.Evolution environment I see no easy way to
restore the old backup.

What is the official way to restore a backup saved in the apt(deb)
environment into a flatpak environment.

Rgds,
Matthias