Re: [Evolution] POP Fails To Retry After "Connection Closed Unexpectedly" errors

On Sun, 2022-02-06 at 11:54 -0800, Larry Dighera wrote:
Is there a particular evolution setting I'm overlooking to enable
retrying?

        Hi,
there is no such option. Some errors are considered not that bad and
they are ignored automatically. The unexpected disconnect is not one of
those. It's because the disconnect can mean sever issue. The right
thing to do is to figure out why the disconnect happened and fix it,
aka to address the underlying problem, rather than working it around.

If I recall correctly, the POP accounts are connected to the server
only when doing something with them. Once the operation is completed
the account is disconnected and a new connection is established the
next time. If the server disconnects in the middle of the message
fetch, then it's rather hard to recover from such problem.
        Bye,
        Milan