Re: [Evolution] Contacts/Address book error: Move a contact list from one address book to the other

As you have the address book saved as a vCard file, I suggest to
remove
all lines beginning with:

   UID:

Hi Milan

Thanks a lot for the tip and the helpful background information! This
did the trick! I found one line in the top part of the the contact list
starting with UID and deleted it (in a text editor). The pas-id was
with numbers and capital letters, e.g. 4C14E4E000000D99, not with the
possibly more modern pattern you mentioned
(0ab21b1d31f7428e4557b4d5f32a82f9671c97a4).

Without the line I could import the contact list vcf-file into the
address book B and delete the original contact list in address book A.

Interestingly the email address in the contact list vcf-file have
different "destination UID"s, e.g. EMAIL;X-EVOLUTION-DEST-CONTACT-
UID="pas-id-4F81E4EA000...
Maybe the UID of the contact list has changed over the years.

Thanks again and have a nice day

Dan