Re: [Evolution] Contacts/Address book error: Move a contact list from one address book to the other

On Tue, 2022-02-01 at 18:51 +0100, theapplepie differentmail com wrote:
Error adding contact
Cannot add contact: Conflicting UIDs found in added contacts

        Hi,
it means the source address book and the destination address book
contain one or more contacts with the same UID. The UID is meant to be
unique within the address book, but when you copy/move contacts between
the books the UID is preserved. It means maybe you copied one/some
contact/s some time ago, thus they are already present in the
destination book. There is no recovery on the code side for this error.

As you have the address book saved as a vCard file, I suggest to remove
all lines beginning with:

   UID:

and all the lines immediately following it, which begin with a white
space (it can happen due to the value folding), though I guess the UIDs
will not be that long to fold. They might look like this:

   UID:pas-id-0ab21b1d31f7428e4557b4d5f32a82f9671c97a4

or similar.

When a contact without UID is added to an On This Computer address
book, it has assigned a new UID, which won't clash with any existing.

        Bye,
        Milan