Re: [Evolution] Restoring Evolution

On Tue, 2022-08-30 at 11:51 -0500, c. marlow wrote:
On Tue, 2022-08-30 at 11:49 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

I would possibly go as far as to say that that particular
functionality
has run its course and could be consigned to the big bit-bucket
in
the
sky.

SEVERELY DISAGREE... I'd go back to Claws if the backup / restore
feature was removed from Evo.

Even though I fully use IMAP now with Fastmail, I still use the
Backup / Restore feature to restore the years of emails I have stored
under " Saved on this computer" I think is what it says..  Also,  the
backup and restore feature, restores not only my email but my account
information too, to where when the restore is done, all I have to do
is input my passwords and boom! I am back up and running in like 10
sec.

I also appreciate this functionality.  I run the backup function
infrequently, and have used it to restore stuff to a new computer after
having backed up on the old one.  Seemed like it worked as I expected
based on the names of the menu items.  Found it handy to have something
that backs up what's needed while likely not including any recreatable
cache files.

--
Robert McDonald