Re: [Evolution] Restoring Evolution

On Tue, 2022-08-30 at 10:29 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Table-After-Creation is a good rule.

Hi,

when using tar by command line it's necessary to do it, not only to
check that the archive is not corrupt, but also to rule out user errors,
such as path typos or not having thought of globbing. Even if we could
trust the exit status of tar, we can't trust ourselves. You're having a
bad day and using the asterisk in the path inappropriately, that's it.
You get an intact archive, but with wrong content from a completely
wrong path, by a typo that does replace a "/" by a "*" or at least you
might be missing hidden directories or hidden files, if the path ends
with a "/*". One should always keep in mind that some people win the
lottery or are struck by lightning. IOW a typo or carelessness can
happen, too.

Regards,
Ralf